COEP AND EWRE
"When there nothing special going on life talk to your classmate beacause he is almost living the same life as you", and they have plenty of solutions on it.
In my Post Grad I had 13 such solutions for each of my problem(Although some would take it to another level) My class environmental and water resources engineering. In the class nobody was special or god gifted rather we were special altogether. Ewre was on one side and the whole COEP was on the other side for me. I learned so much from all 13 of them.
When it was everyday mundane work, I used quarrel and fight with almost everyone in the class. Now no coep is there suddenly I'm missing them. I travelled all the places in Pune with them and they never said no. From Rajgad to khadakwasla to Parvati paita to Surat to Bhimashankar to Nira to Pawana and what not.
This MTech journey of 18-20 months starts from the mid night 1st-2nd Dec 2021, in the midst of heavy rain (that is also a very interesting story) where I got know that I have secured a seat in COEP in the first round itself. On 3rd of Dec I visited coep for the first time (this first visit to coep is also a interesting story) anyway I had to come again on 4th and confirm my admission.
First day of college was starting from 2rd Jan. And on 1 Jan Pawan Khairkar and Saurabh Pawar were waiting eagerly for me to arrive so that we can set a room from day 1 itself. We kept it very simple. We did got a room but it didn't lasted long(another interesting story). Ultimately it was me and Saurabh in Shivajinagar.
On 2 Jan the first day, where I met all my classmates. From Jan 3 to 14 Feb it was lockdown. Test 1 took place on 1st to 7 of Feb, it was a disaster for me. Mainly that math's exams, stochastic hydrology. On 14 Feb., the lockdown was over and we all meet again. A fresh new entry once again. First week itself I visited Shaniwar Wada, Lal mahal and watched Pawankhind. In March we visited Rajgad, Another marvelous day!
Then in April-May 1st sem ended and we all went back to our home. Again in May June next semester started. Everyone had to choose one guide and one among the elective subjects. I took Japanese and inspired my friend to take that subject also. In Short, we both died in that subject together. (Another interesting story) My guide left in midst of the semester. In the end of July I got a call from Indian NAVY for Pilot interview unfortunately I didn't make it.
The things were not going right. The time was very hustling, not sure of what to do ahead. Just then Students made me the TnP coordinator of class. Although one thing was there for sure, to live in the moment. When the second Semester arrived and most of us were eager to explore Pune and so we did. The start we visited CWPRS, and then the Gujarat visit.
Every one was purchasing something for themselves or their loved one, somehow I restricted myself, from that. I decided at that very moment, I will gift something from my first salary or at the time of placement and so I did later! The visit of Surat was very nice. With the celebration enjoyment of Ganpati visarjan and hectic exams the second sem also ended.
The mid of September was the time when the hype of internship was started in class. I didn't got any internship up till October. So I joined debate and quiz club. This club helped a lot. On the day of kojagiri Purnima, I got internship. We were 4 students in that internship (Another story but not that interesting).
The time of October to December was also the same as second semester for me. In midst of these two months I got An interview from a big coy and I messed it up. Meanwhile we had to select our MTech project. Some student got there project from Teachers while others managed it on their own. All were very clear about their projects.
But I was not clear about what to do. I was the last one to decide the dessertation topic. It was end of december and I joined the hockey club of COEP.
Things from here were about to became very interesting and exciting.
2023 arrived and on the first day itself we went to Bhimashankar. A good trip. They say when what you do on first day will be followed throughout the year and it was true in my case.
Finally in Jan, I Decided my dissertation topic. In Jan itself I did explored some new places Lenyadri, Ozar, Ramdara, Malhargad, Shihvneri etc. got internship in Central ground water agency, later it was denied by college. I went to various events, exhibition of ground water awareness conducted by central govt and Constro'23.
In Feb the first hockey tournament of my life ZEST 23. This is where I got into COEP team. Third Zest event in which I participated. Their was nothing much in Feb. We used to go on small trips. on day we wanted to go out and we were not sure of where to go, so we went to see the pune metro. Side by side I was doing my dissertation work for second presentation.
In the start of March we did the Vish' 23 event, and I was in Hindi club. We did a good event. In the next week Holi arrived and I celebrated with my team. Crazy fellas!!! I also appeared for Marathi language exams and cleared it.
In the month of march, We went to Wai (a town of ex-EWRE stud) and that too one day prior to presentation(One more interesting story). After presentation upcoming was Udupi hockey tournament. On more amazing experience of my life. I learned many things from this tournament. (A very interesting story)
Coming back to pune we played Ness wadia in April. In April there was the much awaited event of every students life, "Gathering". Me and my team participated in Ramp walk on traditional day. We really did very hard for that. (just kidding but the Girls really did) On tradition day I matched with DJ(Interesting story, DJ = mech student, but adopted by EWRE)
In this way days were going by, In the morning it used to be the team practice. In the day time it was a little project work and in the evening it was classmates. The month of may was very turning point for me. We (Hockey) did night trek for the first time.(A amazing story) In the mid of May I got placed. One day before that I arranged a night out for my class, thinking that even if I have not got placement. God has placed me in the right place and with the right people. Let's do it for them. some days later I got invitation from my team juniors for farewell party. God bless these guys, It was arranged top noche or as homelander says it "it was prefect, prefect to small minute details". A memory for life.
In June I dedicated most of my time to project. In this month I did almost all of my project work. But irrespective of project work on thing I never stoppped was in treking and TnP work for my Classmates.
I even used to do work for other class students also and so do their co-Ordinator used to the vice-versa. It was very nice working with Sanchit, Aditya, Tanmay and Nischal.
In the early June Shambhuraj invited us to his home town Nira. He is expert in serving his guests. Almost all the classmates went to his home and enjoyed the stay.(A very adorable memory)
Coming back to pune four of our classmates participated in Environmental day debate competition. (A short cute story) In mid June our one more presentation ended and I already started fearing the end of course.
So before the course ended I gave my placement party. I the party, I gave small gifts to all as per their personality. I hope they like it. Some instinct in me was saying don't wait for farewell party and first salary.
July arrived and as usual weekends were accompanied by small trips and In mid of July we went to Raigad.(A beautiful Story) July was filled with project file work. We gave our last presentation on second of August. After that we All got busy in externals. In august two memorable thing s were send off of Mukhopadhyay Sir and paper presentation at NICMAR.
Just like we all did in NPTEL "together thing" same we copied in for "NICMAR paper presentation" (Very nervous story). Sir wanted me to coordinate and take the lead for the farewell event and I loved it. I'm doing something for my professor. Everyone deserves a happy ending. For sir our class did it.
With this our 18 months MTech officially ended and it ended on a higher note. A note that might me be missed by all. In this whole journey one thing I didn't liked was that all this was happening very fast.
In this fast moving sunny journey, you guys were like tree shade for me so I would like thank all my classmates and club members for being a motivating part of my life. Thanks COEP for giving me all these opportunities.
All this I have written is no where near the total journey but sure gives the essence of it.
In earlier days of college I heard these lines "coep is a buffet choose the food you want to eat, according to your apatite"
I think I have some what experienced the crux or the meaning what EDUCATION exactly means. I have not achieved any big thing in life yet but also I never saw people like you before. All the things I learned in coep was majorly was from students. The student I used to spend time with. Thank you guys!
In the end I have few lines for my class of 23'
The class we were the class we are,
vissible in the cluster like a shinign star,
Coordination jaise mug aur jar,
caring jaise RACER ki ho CAR.
HUM SAB HAI ROCKSTAR,
Attitude jaise koi mehngi cigar,
dosti mein hamari bate sitar aur guitar,
Pyaar botle kar dete hum ankhe chaar,
Tu samja hum ek streetcar,
par beta hum toh hai jaguar,
Hamare placement multinational,
koi stantec toh koi dar,
The class we were the class we are,
vissible in the cluster like a shinign star,
Na jana to had se par,
Nahi tikta hume koi dhokedar,
use Kardete hum tadipar,
Dushman ho toh rehna far,
Varna ajayega tujko scar,
Mante nahi hum kabhi bhi har,
jitni hamri duri hamara utna radar,
strenght hamarri esi,
jaisi offroad k liye bani thar,
Tu dollar toh toh mein dinar,
The class we were the class we are,
vissible in the cluster like a shinign star,
I know its hard for others coz we have raised the bar,
And If dont know about us ja ke padh akbar,
Hum EWRE jaise USSR.
humari stories k age fika dikha Pixar,
Mujhe pata hai tumhe yeh ssab lagta bizarre,
Kyuki nahi ho tum hamari dosti mein yarr,
Yeh gaana by prajwal kumbhar,
Mera class mera maddadgar,
har musibat k liye hamesa tayyar,
Jise neele log of avatar,
Es gaane ka ek hi sar,
The class we were the class we are,
started from college seminar ,
The class we were the class we are,
visible in the cluster like a shining star,
Comments
Post a Comment